Getting ready for a fun day out shopping but wondering if Target accepts PayPal? Whether you’re gearing up to hit the shops or cozying in for a day of online shopping in your pajamas, we’re here to give you the scoop on whether you can use PayPal to fund your shopping spree.
Does Target accept PayPal?
Yes, Target accepts Paypal as a mode of payment both for online and in-store purchases. You can even use the NFC (Near field Communications) or contactless method to pay via PayPal on your mobile device in-store. However, we will give your more information as to how you can make a purchase on target via PayPal. Continue reading to discover more about the topic.
Here are the advantages of Using Paypal on Target?
The major reason why people prefer to use Paypal as their means of payment when it comes to making payments online is that it allows users to route their payments through a third-party service to avoid compromising vulnerable financial information. If you feel uncomfortable handing over your credit card number every time you want to make an online purchase, then PayPal is a great option for you. It also allows the added benefit of not needing your wallet (in some cases, all you need is a password to log in to your account and pay), and it can also make disputing payment issues a lot easier and quicker before they ever even show up in your bank statement.
To Use PayPal at Target,
Here are what you need to do:
- Visit the target website at https://www.target.com/ or download the Target mobile app.
- Sign in or log in to the website or app (as the case may be).
- Now, sign in or sign up for a Paypal account (if you don’t have one).
- Link a valid bank account or a credit card to your Paypal account. This can take up to 3 days to get linked successfully. so you have to plan ahead.
- Shop your items or products on the target.com site or mobile app by adding your items to your cart as you would do on any other website.
- Select Target as your payment option from the drop-down of the payment methods. Note that, you’ll be re-rerouted to PayPal and asked to log in to your account. Once you log in, you’ll be able to select which source you’d like PayPal to use, so make sure you have sufficient funds on your chosen card or account.
- Once you’ve told PayPal how you want to pay for your purchase, you’ll be taken back to the Target website or app where you’ll be able to confirm and complete your purchase. PayPal will then charge your card or bank account for the amount paid.
Using Paypal to pay on Target Stores
It is quite a bit of different ball game from paying via the website or app. Here the first thing you would be required to do is:
- Sign up for a PayPal account
- Link a valid bank account or card
- Add PayPal to your digital wallet– Depending on what type of phone you have, this part of the process will vary.
- If you have an Android phone and live in the US…you can add PayPal to your Google Pay account as part of your digital wallet. Simply open up Google Pay, select “add payment method,” choose PayPal from the options given, then follow the prompts within the app to link your accounts.
- If you have an iPhone…Unfortunately, Apple Pay and PayPal are not compatible. So, you’ll need to download the PayPal app onto your iPhone instead. From there, you can use PayPal directly as a contactless payment method. Simply open the app, log in to your account, and select the “Scan/Pay” option at the bottom of the screen. Scan the QR code provided by the Target POS system to complete your purchase.
There are a couple of other options for using PayPal in-store as well. If you’re more of a hands-on person and you prefer physical forms of payment, PayPal offers two card options: PayPal Cashback Mastercard® and the PayPal Cash Card. Visit the PayPal website here to learn more.
Does Target accept PayPal Credit in-store?
The options are practically endless when it comes to using PayPal for your Target purchases, and PayPal Credit is yet another convenient way to go, as it is also accepted at Target, both online and in-store. Read on to learn more about this payment option.
What is it?
Unlike the cards we mentioned above, PayPal Credit is an entirely digital credit line extended to PayPal users who have an active account and are at least 18 years old. This is a flexible credit system, so the credit limits depend on the individual circumstances and existing credit factors. As a general rule, PayPal Credit lines can range from $250 to $20,000. While PayPal Credit offers the convenience of allowing you more time to pay for your purchases, the service does charge interest for ongoing balances.
Who is eligible?
Anyone who has a PayPal account and is at least 18 years old is eligible to apply for PayPal Credit. That said, users are subject to credit approval through Synchrony Bank, according to the company’s website. In other words, “Synchrony Bank will review and consider your credit report…prior to opening your account and establishing your credit line.” Learn more via paypal.com.
How to earn Cashback through PayPal
An added bonus to using PayPal’s financial services is the opportunity to earn cash back. The best and most straightforward way to do this is to sign up for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®. By using this card, you’ll earn 3% cash back on all PayPal purchases and 2% cash back on all other purchases. Learn more by visiting the PayPal website.