Blogging has been in existence for ages now and it is a platform to share things, ideas, experiences you know to the world through writing, and blogging in short form can be called online-writtings, I called it online-writing because it is more like writing articles, not just anyhow articles but useful contents. blogging has two types of bloggers, we have passionate bloggers and business bloggers.
Passionate bloggers: this type of blogger starts a blog for their love of writing, mainly to provide solutions to people based on their knowledge, experience, and ideas.
Business bloggers: this type of blogger starts a blog mainly to promote his business by showcasing his products and services online, in other to increase his company sales.
In nutshell, before you dive into blogging know exactly why you want to start it.
What is a blog?
A blog is a discussion or informational website. A blog is the same as a newspaper or magazine that people read in other to keep them updated. A blog should contain unique posts and interesting or important information that will be of great help to users across the web.
How to create a blog
You can create a blog through different platforms example: WordPress, Blogger, Wix, etc. but today we will be using blogger.com also known as Blogspot, I recommend Blogspot because it is easy and not as complicated as other CMS like WordPress. but if the blog you’re planning to create is beyond writing, posting pictures, and videos I will advise you to go for WordPress because with WordPress you can create any form of a website.
Blogspot is owned by Google and it is beginner-friendly, with Blogspot you can create a unique blog without having much knowledge about coding. also, Blogspot provides you with unlimited storage with a free lifetime hosting plan.
What is hosting?
- Gmail account
- Smartphone or laptop
- Data subscription
Here is a video on how to create a blog from your phone:
How to create a blog on Blogspot
1. Goto blogger.com
2. Click on the button “create a blog” and provide your Gmail account and password.
3. Now input a name into the blog title field. Note: the blog title name should not be lengthy.
4. Choose a URL address. E.g (xdroidtech.blogspot.com). If it shows unavailable then you have to think of another name to input, but if the URL is thick then you are good to go. Side note: the URL is a subdomain.
5. Select a theme or template and click on “create blog”. The layout button allows you to change the look of your blog. And also, you can use the layout to remove or rearrange gadgets. Gadgets are the element that forms a blog.
Last and not least, please go for topics you have knowledge about, and don’t scrape content from other sites. Let your content be unique, original, and free from any kind of abuse.
Also read: Simple steps to download and install a custom template on Blogspot
Three most important factors in blogging
I don’t need much explanation on this just make sure you don’t copy people’s contents. post something unique, fresh, and original, and ensure you explain it clearly for better understanding.
2. Traffics & Keywords:
Are essential in blogging life, a blog without traffics is nothing but a waste, and writing without having targeted keywords in mind is bad if you want to pull traffic from search engines. Keywords help search engines as well as your blog readers know what type of information is in that posts, and don’t just start writing articles always target what people are searching for, and remember to include those keywords in your post title.
Traffic is divided into three types:
- Direct traffic: This type of traffic comes from audience who types a blog URL directly into the browser.
- Referral traffics: These are traffics coming from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram WhatsApp, Pinterest, etc. you can get this traffics by simply posting on your social media accounts.
- Organic traffics: These are pure free traffics coming from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yandex. All you need to do is submit your blog sitemap to their webmaster and watch your traffics grows.
Backlinks are considered to be a voting system that Search Engines use in ranking a website, the higher the number of quality backlinks, the more visible the site will be on search engines.
Types of backlinks
They are two types of backlinks, which is dofollow and nofollow:
- Dofollow backlinks: these types of links are beneficiary links that pass juice from a site to another site and can also help in boosting a site’s ranking, these types of links are mostly used by Google and other search engines to rank a site over another site on the web.
- Nofollow backlinks: are inbound links that do not pass juice from a site to another site, but can help in driving traffics to a blog. Google search engine does not follow or use these types of links to rank a site over another, but some search engines respect and considered it as a ranking factor.
you can build backlinks through comments, forums, guest posts, and social media and can be checked using online backlink checkers like Moz, Silktide nibbler smallseotools.
Side note: be careful when building backlinks, and don’t spam or submit your blog to an online “backlink generator” so you won’t get your blog penalized.
Blogspot is the easiest way to create a blog among other CMS. The next article will explain to you how you can build your blog to the fullest, so stay tuned and don’t forget to share and drop your comment.